Monday, June 11, 2012

Rain and such

Technical difficulties!  I thought I wrote about rainbows with the picture but I can't find it.  Please bear with me.  I will try and recreate it.
We went to bed with the sound of rain on the tin roof over our head and woke up to the same.  Southeast Alaska is classified as a rainforest but it stretches my mental definition of the word.  We don't have monkeys or jungle vines. We do have rain 5 or 6 days a week but a soft rain.  Some days you hardly notice it. The upside is that I don't have to mist my bonsai plants.  The down side, trying to get towels to dry.
What we do get is rainbows, lots of them, daily.  Full range rainbows, double bows, moon bows, fog bows, circle rainbows.

Fogbow in front of float house.



You have never seen colors this intense.  We see the full spectrum.  Zach came in last week from town and said,  "We saw seven rainbows on our way back from town!"  I don't remember seeing that many in a year down south.  Jerry always tries to angle the boat so that he sees the end of the rainbow over the farm.  You gotta admire that kind of optimism!

No comments:

Post a Comment